Facebook logo mail icon phone icon
Link button
avvo manta facebook logo-bw twitter logo-bw box new-edited-logo



It can effect your future long after you've appeared in court and the jury has announced their verdict. Make sure you are ready to defend yourself by reading some of our FAQs.

A criminal charge can haunt you

Yes. For most criminal cases, even if you are guilty of the charges, it is a good idea to hire an attorney. An attorney can answer all of your questions, make sure the charges are proper, and look for deficiencies and possible technicalities that will benefit the outcome of your criminal case. Additionally, an attorney can assist with presentation of mitigating factors for the court to consider in efforts to obtain a more favorable outcome.

Do I need a lawyer for my criminal case?

It is generally a good idea to take the breath test, as the refusal to do so will result in administrative penalties with the MVA for refusal to take the test.

I have been stopped to DUI/DWI. Should I take the breath test?

Time is of the essence if you've been charged with a criminal offense. Call today to start preparing your defense.


For any further questions, call our offices for help at 410-420-7888 or email us at tghpclaw@gmail.com.

attorney showing evidence in court

What should I do if I am charged with DUI/DWI?

Consult with an attorney and consider enrollment in an alcohol education program. Even if you are not a problem drinker or alcoholic, the courts view this as a positive step in acknowledging the mistake you may have made in drinking and driving.

If I am stopped for a traffic violation and the officer asks for my permission to search my car, should I agree?

No. The reality is even if you say no, the officer will probably search your vehicle. Once you consent, you effectively waive all of your search and seizure rights. At least if you refuse, you and your attorney will have an opportunity to address the illegal search and seizure when you get to court, and can potentially have any illegally seized evidence suppressed.


For other questions or concerns, please schedule an appointment to discuss your situation in more detail.